In certain situations, you might not want agents (or operators, as we call them inside our platform) to have access to each others’ cases - for example, because they work with sensitive data or are obliged by doctor-patient confidentiality. That is why we created the Separate operators feature.
If you turn this option on, all the case details will be visible only to the operator working on it, and the agents cannot share cases between themselves.
How does this feature affect workflow?
When this option is active, operators cannot:
- filter the case list by team members (but they can still filter it by the case status)
- use the search option to find cases of other operators
- assign issues to other agents
- use the team calendar or see schedules of other operators
- see cases in the queue (created via API or the live chat & video widget).
Remember that all the limitations above apply only to operators. The administrator still has access to all the cases and the team calendar. They can also assign issues from the queue to operators or add and remove agents.
How to enable the Separate operators option?
- Go to the Separate operators section in the Security tab.
- Click on the switch to turn the option on: