The case details section is where you can store all the information that you need for a successful appointment with your customers. Once you select a case, you will be able to see its details on the right side of the dashboard.
By default, the case details consist of the following parts:
1. Name of the case - this is the name that you will see on your case list. Because it will also be displayed during chat or in the invitation message, we recommend choosing the name of your customer.
2. Number of the case
3. Customer’s status:
- Online - the customer is already on the invitation page.
- Away - the customer has not yet joined the meeting.
4. How the case was created - manually or automatically (with API or Vicodo Direct)
5. Customer’s email address and phone number - these fields are optional, but you will need to fill them if you want to send your customer an email or SMS invitation to the meeting.
Note: When entering a customer’s phone number, always remember to include the + symbol and the country code. You can type the country code manually or click the space next to the icon and select one from the list.
For example: If the customer’s phone number is 9999 999 and they are located in Germany, you should type +49 9999 999.
6. Internal reference - if you or your company have your own unique code to identify the customer or the case, you can enter it here. It will help you quickly find the right case - by typing the reference number into the dashboard’s search bar.
7. Customer location - this feature is only available if you have an active Enterprise subscription. Once you turn this option on in the settings and click the Get location button, the customer will be asked if they want to share their current location. If they agree, that information will be displayed here. You will also be able to click on it to open up a map and get a more detailed view.
8. Notes - you can use this section to write down any additional information about the case or the customer.
How to edit the case details?
You can edit the name of the case, customer’s contact details, or other sections at any time by clicking on them and typing the new information. You don’t need to worry about saving your changes - it happens automatically. Each time the text is saved, you will see a message at the top of your screen:
If you feel like you would like to keep track of some different information related to your cases - for example, the customer’s subscription level or the type of product that they use - you can create your custom information field. This option is only available if you are an administrator.