You can cancel your planned appointments at any moment and quickly notify your customers with an SMS or an email message.
Remember that if you only want to change the time of the appointment, you do not need to cancel it - use the reschedule option instead.
How to cancel an appointment
1. Go to the dashboard and select the case you want to cancel from your case list.
2. Click the icon next to the appointment date.
3. Choose if you want to notify the customer. You can send both an SMS and an email notification or just one of them.
- If you already have the customer's phone number or email address in your case details, the notifications will be automatically on. Use the switches to choose which messages you want to send:
- If you do not have the customer’s contact information in the case details, enter it manually to send a notification.
4. Click the Cancel appointment button.
You will see that the meeting time is now crossed out.
Remember that the case will still be visible in your case list even if the appointment is cancelled. If you do not want to see it, close or delete the case.
Can customers cancel their appointments?
Yes - by default, customers can cancel their appointment by going to the invitation page and clicking the Cancel appointment button. This option is only available until the scheduled meeting time.
When cancelling their meetings, customers will have a chance to leave you a message. You will see it right below the appointment date:
If you are an administrator and you don’t want to give your customer the option to cancel their appointments, you can disable it in the Invitation page texts settings:
1. Click on the switch next to the option Show "Cancel appointment" button:
2. At the top of the page, you will see a message about unsaved changes - click Save.