In this onboarding guide, we will walk you through the setup steps best for your use case. You will learn how to:
- Make the widget fit your website & implement it in no time
- Set up your operating hours and provide a booking link
- Answer questions faster & smarter
In each step, we will redirect you to the detailed support articles using blue links and to the Vicodo settings using green links, so you can apply the changes as you read through the instructions.
1. Live chat & video widget - branding and implementation
As you log in to Vicodo for the first time, click on the icon displayed next to your name, and select settings.
- In the settings, go to the Integrations tab. Here, click on the toggle to enable the widget. Now - get creative! Adjust the look of the chat window that will appear on your website. Add headlines, edit colors, and create a catchy CTA. All done?
- Add the welcome headline, message, and CTA in several languages, and reach a broader audience. Your page visitors will see them in a language version matching their browser language.
- Now, learn how to implement the widget or use the WordPress plugin. Enjoy video calls directly on your website!
2. Set up operating hours and booking page
- Let the website visitors know when you’re available. Set your operating hours - this feature also enables you to send different default messages when you are online and offline.
- Instead of “Sorry for my absence”, add a link to your booking page as the default offline message. This way, your page visitors will be able to schedule meetings with you based on your availability.
- Like any other Vicodo element your clients may see, a booking page can be customized without coding. Upload your background photo and adjust the colors to your branding.
3. Quick Responses - shortcut to your answers & attachments
- In the settings, go to the Workflow tab. Here you can add Quick Responses. These are premade replies you can use while chatting with your page visitors. Click the / button on your keyboard to open the saved replies list.
- You don’t plan to chat? Quick responses are helpful even when you communicate mainly via video. You can use them to send files or share links.
- Do you want to make your responses more personal and accurate? Use placeholders such as case_name, operator_name or appointment_date.
Now, you know how to delight your page visitors with personal, human-to-human communication!
What are cases, and how to create them?
How to add more people to my team?
The availability of features depends on your subscription plan.